06 January 2012

Two birds, One stone


For Design Camp [think outside the block] 2, Michelle, the wonderful organizer and a fellow PMQG member, started our group off with a dry run this month. For a few of us this is our first improv quilting bee, and I think it just worked out that January was still open after the schedule was put together, so Michelle gave us some scraps of fabric (left over from our guild's Jay McCarroll challenge quilts last fall/winter, seen here and here) and a suggestion for a first exercise.

At the same time I have been trying to come up with 2 more blocks to make to work into my quilt from the 1-month Nubees block swap I participated in several months ago. I realized that by taking out the warmer colors of scraps, and using a grey as the "sashing" this block would fit in perfectly with the others I received back in September or October.

Now, to play around with that last block - getting much inspiration from a couple of books I just received for the holidays... more on that another time.

3 comments:

  1. your design camp block is great! i still have my stack of habitat fabrics waiting for me to come up with an idea. yeah...that was due in October. i'm starting to feel sorry for that little stack of fabric :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! And I love that you have a place for it to land!

    ReplyDelete