18 April 2010

Starting up

I can't say that I've never blogged, but it was long before anything like today's blog sites existed. I've been thinking about it recently, however, and seeing some other wonderful and active blogs has inspired me to give it a shot.

I've been relatively active on Flickr since last fall, when my boyfriend J brought to my attention a call for entries for a photo show here in town. We both submitted to the show, and both had pieces accepted (yay!). But what that show did for me more than get me rolling again on producing my photos (it was actually quite a frustrating experience figuring out how to print a traditional color print in this day and age of digital) was to introduce me to a whole new community through Flickr - the Quilters. Though there is no question that photography is a love of mine, and is part of my genetic code, it is quilting that is my inspiration. And now that Flickr community has led me to consider joining a quilting guild, something that honestly had never crossed my mind. The chapter's second meeting is coming up next week, and I plan to attend and just see what it's all about. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment