19 April 2010

Crossing off the list

In between frequent trips to any of 4 new boxes of kleenex around the house, I have been able to get some finishing touches on a couple different projects today. I finished quilting the lap quilt I have been working on for my friends Annie and Russell's wedding gift. They got married a bit over a year ago, just before he deployed. Now he's back in the states, and they're doing a renewal ceremony in a couple of months. The ceremony in June was always my target for having the quilt completed. For once I will have made my target!

And once the binding was stitched down on that quilt, I decided to run with the walking foot and get the binding on yet another quilt which has been hanging around for well over a year just waiting for that last little detail. Since it has no specific destination or recipient it got moved to the back burner, as they so often do...

Next step for the day is to continue cutting down my scraps to uniform sizes, while picking out fabrics to start yet another wedding gift. And while I've been doing all this cutting and stitching, J has been studiously working in the darkroom. For a while we had a battle of the operas going on between our two radios - he playing some classical opera with soprano diva belting it out, while I had The Who's Tommy - a Rock Opera going. To each his own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment