14 July 2010

Rainbows Rainbows everywhere




I'm only slightly getting the hang of this. Actually, that's not true, I have not yet gotten the hang of the blog thing, but trying my hand when I get the chance. It's been a busy summer so far, and so beginning new endeavors has been tough. HOWEVER, in my navigating around Flickr I came across a group that very much caught my interest. Fabric designer Anna Maria Horner has helmed a charity project to aid her local community, mid-Tennessee flooding victims. She calls it Rainbow Around the Block, and is asking for donations of monochromatic (or "harmonious color") blocks, all 12 1/2" with seam allowance (12" finished) of any patchwork style. This was exactly the sort of project I've been needing to get back behind my sewing machine and standing at the cutting table and DOING something.

But for now it's off to work and maybe it will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment