04 December 2012

A possible redundancy - back to back

It's recently come to my attention just how many quilt TOPS have accumulated in my studio over the last year or so that have yet to be truly finished. In some cases I've been itching to get them quilted and see how they really turn out, but have just not been able to find the right backing fabric.

So, this past week I was on a mission.

And thanks to the help of some wonderful gals, namely Marie at Cool Cottons, and Linda and Michelle at Pioneer Quilts, I was able to come up with some stunners!


As in most of these cases, it was evident that I'll have to piece the backing, and that little taupe fabric fit perfectly with the vine stripes in the other piece. A combo about which I am most excited!


A top started in a class nigh on 7 years ago, taught by Portland quilt artist Lee Fowler. It took me until this past year to finish the top, but hopefully won't be nearly as long to see it quilted!

And then we get to the white whale(s)... I've made a couple of these 60° diamond quilt tops in the last couple of years, HOPING that they'll turn out as well as the twin crib quilts I did originally. But it seems there's no good way of knowing until I get them quilted. But look at this combo that Marie helped me find...

And how could I doubt that ultimately it would be Philip Jacobs to come through with the winning number here? Courtesy of Pioneer Quilts.

Is anyone else out there scrambling to bring some of their UFOs a step closer to completion as the calendar year is winding down? What's at the top of your "unquilted top" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment